Desktop, Linux, Mac
USB, Depth of up to 60cm (24”) preferred, up to 80cm (31”) maximum; 140×120° typical field of view. Tracking works in a range of environmental conditions.
7 Days Check
Leap Motion Virtual / Augmented Reality Controller for Mac and PC
Data connection : USB 2.0 (packaged with USB 2/3 hybrid cable)
Interaction zone : Tracking works in a range of environmental conditions
LEDs : Three, spaced on either side and between the cameras, baffled to prevent overlaps
Ambient operating temperature: 32º to 113º F (0º to 45ºC)
Storage temperature : 14º to 122º F (-10º to 50º C)
Leap Motion Controller
The Leap Motion Controller is an optical hand tracking module that captures the movements of your hands with unparalleled accuracy. From XR to touchless kiosks, the Controller makes interaction with digital content natural and effortless. The Leap Motion controller is a small USB peripheral device which is designed to be placed on a physical desktop, facing upward. It can also be mounted onto a virtual reality headset. Using two monochromatic IR cameras and three infrared LEDs, the device observes a roughly hemispherical area, to a distance of about 1 meter. The LEDs generate pattern-less IR light and the cameras generate almost 200 frames per second of reflected data. This is then sent through a USB cable to the host computer, where it is analyzed by the Leap Motion software using “complex math’s” in a way that has not been disclosed by the company, in some way synthesizing 3D position data by comparing the 2D frames generated by the two cameras. Let’s have a look at our other Accessories
- Tiny Device, Huge Possibilities: The Leap Motion Controller lets you use your computer in a whole new way. Reach out and swipe, grab, pinch, or punch your way through the digital world.
- Think Big: The Leap Motion Controller tracks your hands at up to 200 frames per second using infrared cameras – giving you a 150° field of view with roughly 8 cubic feet of interactive 3D space.
- Leap Motion Controller detects the hands and fingers and follows his every move.
- It is allowing them to move around the open between you and your computer space. So you can do almost anything without touching anything.
- It is the small device that might just change the way you use technology.
- Jump the Motion Controller can track your movements at an approximate rate of 200 frames per second.